Monday, July 16, 2018

Moving strips............

In this photo I have moved 2 strips from the left side to the right side to change what will be the center of the quilt.  Not sure if I like this so I will move some more.



In this photo I have moved 8 strips over and I like it a little better but I'm not done yet.







In this one I have moved 11 strips from the left side to the right side and I think this might be where I will stop.  I like the purple Wood Ear print as the row that will make the complete diamond from edge to edge around the quilt as well as like the center.
Now I need to move all of the strips back to the left side of the design wall so I will have room to design the rest of it.









My red Wegiela bush continues to have scattered blooms on it.








And a Purple Coneflower photo just because it a true sign of summer and so colorful.

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, this is good! You now get a double glow area and the purple jumps out too. Such a wonderful eye you have for this :)

patty a. said...

You have gotten a lot done on that quilt top. The colors are so pretty! I think I might have my comments finally fixed. Thanks for your help!

Mary said...

What a difference a few adjustments in placement can make even though the fabric doesn't change.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful formations of strips! Have limited wifi on vacation, but wanted you to know how gorgeous the quilt is coming.

Unknown said...

Love the way you show your process....reading your blog is always fun and I learn so much about your decisions and color. Thank you.

JJM said...

Such fun to see the photos of redesigning this awesome quilt top. And how it changes from one design to the next is a delight to see. Thank you for sharing each photo, it shows us your design process.

JJM

Nancy J said...

I like the last layout so much, And a purple cone flower to add to the beauty today.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I always enjoy reading your thought process when designing a TAW quilt - thanks for always sharing photo's while you do it as I know it must take up your precious time. We had a heavy rainfall for about 20 minutes tonight - saved me watering the garden and I'm sure the land needed it wherever it fell :)