Thursday, October 1, 2026

Here we are again, first day of the new month....................


The first of a new month is the same every time, I'm free of the monthly recap of the last month, I can do whatever I want.  But......what do I want.  I have so many different groups of fabric that I want to work with, that's usually where is starts for me.  I bought this group a couple years ago.  I have had it on a shelf where I see it every time that I enter my studio.

My first thought was maybe the smaller die for Snail's Trail (8").  I really enjoy piecing that block.

Then I thought about the Weathervane die from which I can make these 2 blocks.  I made these samples several years ago to remind me that there were 2 options with one die.


I have one yard of each of these light fabrics plus a fat quarter of each in the pack.  I need to figure out how many blocks I could get out of one of these.  There are a few other light fabrics if I decide on a variety instead of just one.

Just doing a lot of thinking out loud right now.
  

 

No comments: