Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September 2026 monthly recap.......................


I had one finish and I decided to show the back also.  A few months ago I went through my two big bins of brown, rust and gold fabrics.  I pulled some that I knew I didn't want to keep, some matched other collections better and were removed, and I pulled the fabrics for this Snail's Trail quilt and got the 2 bins down to one.  The pieces for the 12" blocks were die cut.  The quilt ended up at 58" x 83".  It was longarm quilted by Robin Diaz.


I finished two quilt tops.  While I was cutting for the Snail's Trail above, I cut 2.5" strips from the fabrics and then added some blues and greens.  I had enough strips for these 2 tops and a bunch left over.  On the left is a 16 patch with a large print used as an alternate block. It is 72" x 88".  On the right is a 9 patch with 2 large prints used as alternate blocks.  It is 60" x 72".  The alternate fabric in the center isn't quite as light as it looks in this photo, it is more blendy in person.  I like both of these tops but what makes me the happiest is the fact that I used all of the 3 large prints used in them.  I own lots of large prints and they are a challenge to use.


I finished one small piece, 12.25" x 35.5".




I also knitted 4 dish cloths.  The one one the right is a little smaller and it is for me.  That is the size I prefer.

 

No comments: