It was a busy day yesterday. My van needed servicing so my grandson and wife took me out for brunch after dropping it off and then we went back to my house. Five sections were broken off the huge green Coral Bell and 4 planted in the center section and one in the section behind it. Then they finished cleaning up the paver area and cleaned off the porch and sidewalk. Also bottom dead branches of the hydrangea were cut off. It is looking so nice now. We went back to get the van afterwards.
This is the area where the new plants came from. Now the little Coral Bell next to the green one has some breathing room. It was almost covered up before. Rain is predicted for several days this week but the radar maps last night look like a lot of it may miss us. I'll keep watering if needed.
Last night I sewed a few more combinations for the 9 patches. There will be 3 nine patches in each combination. I'll sew a lot more combinations before I turn on the iron.



7 comments:
Those cora bells will fill in that area nicely. The front looks so nice. It was so kind of your grandson and his wife to give you a hand!
That is a wonderful grandson and wife. They deserve some cookies. I never make cookies so l always think they are a delightful thank you.
Wow, what a difference! It's raining as I type this.
What a transformation! Bravo grandson and granddaughter in law!
Ceci
water the plants good and they will grow I bet. I lost a bit of my vines this year I had so many things growing and so many trees! I finally sprayed some of the trees but got some vines by mistake so a lot of them have turned brown - but between the trees and the poison ivy I finally had to spray - I imagine some will grow back - it got so overgrown that I'm not mad at myself for it.
What a difference a touch up makes…. Lovely ‘curb appeal ‘ now.
Great work on the garden!
Post a Comment