Saturday, September 12, 2026

Taking it easy..........


I had another steroid shot to my SI joint yesterday morning and they said to take it easy for one day and then resume normal activity.  I decided to sort the extra strips one more time by dark and light.  I could make 'the other 16 patch' with them if I cut a few more light strips.  I could also make 9 patches and do a layout with an alternate plain block (Single Irish Chain).  I could just put them away and do nothing with them but they would make a good sharing quilt to put into my inventory.


This was yesterday's bounty.  I'm staying ahead of the squirrels and the birds.  I shared 3 boxes of tomatoes with neighbors and a friend yesterday.





All kinds of plants have migrated from the back garden into this front garden.  Just right of center is some Goldenrod.  I pull it out all growing season in the back garden and didn't notice this one in front.  That's probably because there were so many Black-eyed Susans in here.  You can see they are all dead now.  I have a crew coming Sunday morning to clean out some of it for me.

8 comments:

Nann said...

Your body is resting but your quilt mind is always going! A defined set of fabric (in this case, these strips) can force imagination and result in an intriguing design. The yew bushes in the front of the house have put out vigorous new branches.

JJM said...

It was good to hear you were ‘ordered’ to take it easy, and you did… our old bodies need some r&r every day now. And happy a steroid shot helps you. I am allergic to steroids . But know their power. Nice post restful post today. 👏

Quiltdivajulie said...

Last night and right now we are getting heavy rain (light weight thunder/lightning). Amazing how quickly things are greening up after no rain for weeks. Glad you have help coming for the yard work (the dirt gets farther and farther away for me every year). Happy pondering with those strips.

Barbara Anne said...

Hope that injection does you a world of good and hope you don't overdo things today. Sometimes you need to rest more than you're told to, so listen to your joints and other parts!
Love your ideas for this strip set!

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorting colors is taking it easy. Nice that you had enough tomatoes to share - especially if you mainly like them fresh and don't use them a lot for cooking.

Cherie Moore said...

Sorting colors is a lovely take it easy activity. I’m hoping you don’t put the strips aside, an Irish chain would be lovely in these colors 😃

Julierose said...

We got heavy rain today and the temps are still kinda high for nighttime...70.9 with 70.5 DP!!!! I could not reply to your comment on my gmail--I do not know what is going on; and your feed is not getting to my gmail either...so annoying...
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

I have my fingers crossed that the shot alleviates your pain. You have a good tomato year since you had enough to share with your neighbors!