Friday, September 25, 2026

Second quilt top for September 2026...............

I'm showing the close up shot first for the true color.

The greens don't jump out at you like the blues, but there are several of them in the quilt top too.  I'm happy the two alternate fabrics worked well together.  The leafy one had dark areas and light areas so it changed dramatically with the 6.5" cuts.








This top is so beautiful and peaceful looking, much better in real life than in a photo.  It is 60" x 72", the smallest of the 3 tops made with the same selection of browns.  More blues and greens were added into the 16 patch and this 9 patch.  It is definitely nature's colors.

With this series (Snail's Trail, 16 patch, and 9 patch) I was happy to use so many brown, gold, and rust color fabrics, and I was really happy to use up 3 large prints in the last 2.



 

13 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I’m glad you posted a close up picture of some of the blocks as that gives me a better appreciation for what this finish looks like in person. It’s interesting to see how the leafy print varies across the quilt. Yay, for autumnal quilt top.

Julierose said...

I really like how your central portion on this quilt is lighter...it shines for sure...nice work;))) on all of these...
56 with 20-25 mph winds already--looks like we will be in the windy path of this Nor'Easter...predicted 50-60 mph winds. with our big trees still in full leaf we are preparing for power outages...
Thankfully we have our own generator...hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

It is lovely— beautiful colors and movement!

mb-RI said...

This series of three is just beautiful. The colors flow so nicely across the quilt blocks!

mb-RI said...

And I love the bear paw blocks! I am so tempted to purchase the accu die!

patty a. said...

I like the way the center glows! The top turned out great!

Quiltdivajulie said...

VERY very nice -- and your colorwash skills definitely show in this third quilt. I believe you about in person vs. photos. Photos just never seem to capture the entire vibe of a quilt.

Nann said...

Oooh, a colorwash!

helenreimers said...

Wow! Just Wow! I love all 3 of these. They are gorgeous

Barbara Anne said...

Applause, applause!!!!!!!!! 3 gorgeous quilts from your imagination, choices, and skill into the real world from now on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

All three quilts are so pretty. Really love this last one. Laura

Vicki W said...

I really like the colorwash effect from using both of those prints. It's a very pretty quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like all these colors mixed together all those browns are really nice.