Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September 2026 monthly recap.......................


I had one finish and I decided to show the back also.  A few months ago I went through my two big bins of brown, rust and gold fabrics.  I pulled some that I knew I didn't want to keep, some matched other collections better and were removed, and I pulled the fabrics for this Snail's Trail quilt and got the 2 bins down to one.  The pieces for the 12" blocks were die cut.  The quilt ended up at 58" x 83".  It was longarm quilted by Robin Diaz.


I finished two quilt tops.  While I was cutting for the Snail's Trail above, I cut 2.5" strips from the fabrics and then added some blues and greens.  I had enough strips for these 2 tops and a bunch left over.  On the left is a 16 patch with a large print used as an alternate block. It is 72" x 88".  On the right is a 9 patch with 2 large prints used as alternate blocks.  It is 60" x 72".  The alternate fabric in the center isn't quite as light as it looks in this photo, it is more blendy in person.  I like both of these tops but what makes me the happiest is the fact that I used all of the 3 large prints used in them.  I own lots of large prints and they are a challenge to use.


I finished one small piece, 12.25" x 35.5".




I also knitted 4 dish cloths.  The one one the right is a little smaller and it is for me.  That is the size I prefer.

 

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I love the transparency of the Snails Trail. I clicked to make the picture larger and it shows the fabrics so much better.

Nann said...

You made great inroads on your brown bins with quilts this month.

helenreimers said...

Wow. These are beautiful quilts. Your color choices leave me in awe. Gorgeous

JJM said...

Great September Show ❣️ showing the warmth of autumn fabrics .

Julierose said...

Just lovely Sept. finishes, Wanda--and such pretty dishcloths too;)))
Short today: DH and i are having Covid shot reactions..z-z-z-zing a lot
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

You had an excellent month!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Beautiful quilts--and you are my kinda gal--I knit myself small dish clothes just like you do--maybe we are 'soul' quilting sisters--lol!!
hugs, di

Barbara Anne said...

Brilliant quilts, tablerunner, and dishcloths! What a happily productive September you've had!!

Hugs!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many pretty brown, gold and rust colors I've got a lot of small bins I need to work faster to use more of it up

Elaine Adair said...

I've been wanting to make a Snail's Trail - one of my favorite. Yours is stunning! Maybe I should just keep looking at your beauty and save myself some work. 8-)