Friday, October 2, 2026

2 days of gloom..............

It's hard to get motivated when it is dark and rainy out, having to turn on lights during the day.  The last I checked we had 2.5" of rain for the 2 days but we got quite a bit more after I checked.

I needed to do a load of laundry so while I was in the basement I cut the batting and pieced the backing for the fall color 9 patch quilt.  The backing is an early batik, probably late 1990s and has always been a favorite.  I have used it for the backing on one African quilt in the past so I had quite a bit of it.  I still need to press it and it will then be ready to travel for quilting.


I was looking through a pile of blocks in the studio and there were these 3 stacks pinned together from the last time I played with them.  I contemplated whether to make more blocks.  The fabrics are all by Marcia Derse.


This is the layout I had on the design wall in March.  The blocks will finish at 8" so 20 blocks would make a nicer size small quilt.  Or.....I could scatter them irregularly and fill in with odd sections of piecing.  It was a bright spot in the day to see color as I listened to the rain falling.

Sunshine is predicted for at least parts of the days of the rest of the week and into next week.
 

No comments: