I trimmed the Kaffe Zipper quilt yesterday. I like the straight line quilting on it, quilted by longarm quilter Robin Diaz.
Since the edge of the quilt has the lightest and the darkest fabrics, I'm not sure what I will choose for the binding.
Last night while watching TV I did some sorting. The triangles are Marcia Derse fabrics. When I discovered the tray I noticed it had all dark fabrics and some already sewn triangle pairs so I cut some new light ones for variety. I'll use this as one of my mindless sewing sessions now that the new season of TV shows are on.
I'm still trying to decide where I'm going with this project. In the original Fractured quilt each block has a different background fabric. There are lots more dark fabrics to cut so they won't be repeated in blocks next to each other like you see here.
I started laying out the third background fabric and then it was time to quit for the night.
Today I hope to cut the rest of the dark fabrics.





No comments:
Post a Comment