Monday, October 5, 2026

Cutting some pieces................


I thought I was cutting enough for a block but obviously I only cut 6 pieces instead of 9 alike.  The pieces are 6" tall so they are way bigger than the ones in the original Fractured quilts.  That means 3 blocks across is 54" and 4 across is 72".

That made me wonder if I would rather have one background fabric per block and 9 different colors per block.  I think this is the way to go.  I'll be doing more cutting today.  The new fall shows are starting this week and I need TV sewing.
 
 

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

another beauty in the works!!

Julierose said...

Fractured blocks and multi colored--nice idea:))) 55 here this morning with the sun starting to peek over the hill..I am hoping to go and sit by the River and watch the boat traffic to get outside and get some fresh air--the humidity seems to have disappeared at last....
I Will be resting my hands for at least a good week...
hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

I like the multi colors in a block idea and now you’ve settled on a project, I’ll bet it goes quickly.