Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cleaning, sorting, cutting trees.......

My daughter is coming to visit next week so I needed to move the piles of quilts off the guest bed.  I'm also giving a program for a guild at the end of June so I'm sorting the quilts into traveling and staying home piles.
There are more piled on the coffee table and couch.  I have shown all of these quilts on my blog before so there is nothing new here.  I think I have shown more than 250 quilts so far in the almost 7 years that I have had my blog.  Some day maybe I'll go back and count them.
In the late afternoon I went out to the backyard and cut down volunteer trees again getting ready for brush pick up next week.  I didn't know what this bush was that has been growing by a redbud tree for about 3 years.  This year it bloomed and now I know it is Honeysuckle, the non fragrant variety, so I cut it down and put it out in the brush pile.
 The peonies are really blooming now.  This is one of the early bushes.








 I love the pink ones most of all.










 The native plant Heliotrope is in bloom and very fragrant.  Right now my Korean Lilac bush is in bloom, also fragrant and with the peonies and Heliotrope added, the backyard smells wonderful.




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an energy, I admire your production every day, but most of all: your colorful craftsmanship, trudy

Anonymous said...

Hee! I see an old friend!

Frebblebit

Gene Black said...

Great piles of quilts!

I have a couple of volunteer trees I need to eliminate also.

troy and christina said...

Your piles of quilts are a treat to the eyes!

Mary said...

250 beautiful quilts in the last 7 years. What an accomplishment! And what a treat it has been for us!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wanda,
You are awesome and it shows in your multitude of quilts. There are so many I would like to make that I have a hard time deciding what to work on next and consequently have a lot of them going at the same time. I also look at a lot of them on the internet and should probably stop that and not overwhelm myself. I can't imagine so many beautiful quilts in one house!
Thank you for showing us your quilts. I have been following for about 2 1/2 years.

NeverBored said...

Thank you for showing your piles of quilts, an example of what can be accomplished just stitching away a bit each day. You are an inspiration!

Thanks also for the garden pictures. I have a tree blooming in our woods that I couldn't identify and now I know it's a honeysuckle. Mine is pink, but there's a white stalk right beside it, so I must have 2 varieties.

JJM said...

Didn't get a chance to check on Friday's post. I love this piece, your 'exuberant fabric's' are so alive. Love both blocks and OMG the border ! This is going to be absolutely wonderful.

Always enjoy your photo's of your garden blossoms.

JJM

Dolly said...

I always enjoy your flower and yard photos......and especially that you identify things.

And in your quilts, which are just the yummiest piles ever, I spy a brown one that I've never seen, the one with the big half squares, and then fussy cuts? Could you share a link to where you posted about that one? Or just give me your name for it so that I can search your blog? Thanks !

Cathi said...

Your quilts are such a beautiful riot of colour, all stacked up like that. And then you add pictures of peonies, my very favourite flower! This blog post is a total treat for the eyes,

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the peonies. I'll bet they smell fabulous too.

That is such a nice stack of quilts to have to move,

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I'll bet it does smell heavenly out there! We have gardenia blooming right now and they are wonderful. That is quite a body of work, and isn't it good to have an ongoing record of it all on your blog!

suemac said...

I bet it smells wonderful. That lilac alone is enough perfume to make your backyard a very calming place.