I finished the Christmas quilt last night. I ended up putting a lot of quilting in it because I wanted it crinkly and old fashioned looking. I washed it and dried it in a hot dryer.
Here is the full view.
I didn't have enough of a backing fabric that I liked so I split the red and added it on either side of the holly print in 2 different widths. I also used the same red for the binding.
I used 5 different colors of thread on top, deep taupe on either side of the narrow border, black in the outer border and a few places in the blocks, and red, green and cream in the blocks.
I really didn't do a very good job of quilting, just hurried it too much. I didn't even like it when I finished it, and then after it was washed, I loved it.
This was made with the Strips 'n Curves templates by Louisa A. Smith. If you click on the Strips and Curves Label on my sidebar it will take you to more info about them and all of the quilts I have made with them.