Thursday, September 3, 2009

We made it to 3 more shops....................
My friend and her husband lived in this area for several years and moved 4+ hours away 30 years ago. Her husband went to see some of his old friends while we took to the road again yesterday. We travelled 113 miles round trip and went to one shop I had never been to. My friend was on the search for dotted fabrics. I found a few that made it home with me too.
I found a heavier weight fabric just perfect for tote bags with a "go green" theme and one more set of positive/negative prints in black and white.
I can always find a few batiks to round out my collection. The one at the top is really more purple than it looks here.
I just got a fat quarter of this fabric with little girls celebrating color.
It was 2 fun days of catching up each other's lives, eating well, enjoying the beautiful weather, and adding a little perk in the form of fabric. I sent home a gift for her sister who I met 4 years ago and a quilt for herself. I think she was happy.

14 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with friends....love the fabric purchases..especially the batiks...can't ever have too many of those.

Cathi said...

Those batiks are gorgeous -- I love the one on the left! And the dots -- oh, the dots! Gorgeous.

Rebel said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. =)

Anonymous said...

A gift? Yippee! Hannah

Beena said...

Time with a friend, and yummy new fabrics...doesn't get much better than that!

Unknown said...

What fun it sounds like you both had, you should get together more often.

Anonymous said...

A treat for your friend, to be in your company. I know she had to be awe struck to see all your beautiful quilts plus your shopping spree's. It is fun to get out and about with a friend who is a passionate as you are with fabrics.

Your fabric selections are absolutely great!

J~MT

Fabric Fanatic said...

What a wonderful treat and what a great friend you are. If I visit, do I get to go home with a quilt? LOL
Just kidding, but your "lovely parting gifts" are more generous than even those daytime game shows that used to be on the tube.

Janet said...

Having good friends visit is just the best. I have to wait a couple of months for my visitors and it will be an exhausting but fabulous week!!!

Anonymous said...

I like your fabric choices. Polka dots are always fun!:) Like the "go green" fabric too. Thanks for sharing the info on the egg beater fabric yesterday.
Glad you enjoyed visiting with your friend. Sounds like you had a great time.

Kay in Kansas

Quiltdivajulie said...

Who could be UN-happy after spending two days with a friend who also loves fabrics and color?!?!?!?

Glad you enjoyed yourselves!!!

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Sounds like you had fun and your friend's visit was just the thing to get you in a better mood after the last couple of week's events!
Have you ever purchased a fabric twice (not realizing it until you get home) because you like it so much? I'm thinking that may be difficult with all the batik styles out there, but still . . .
Vicky F

SewCalGal said...

What fun. Time visiting with a dear friend, shopping, buying fabric, touring quilt shops. Oh my. I wish I could have joined the fun.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Mary said...

just loving the fabrics that followed you home. I live not to far from you and I can't think of that many quilt shops in a 113 mile drive. Care to share which ones you went to?

Did you see the new quilt sampler with Tammy Tadd's shop in it. Just love that bright fun shop