Thursday, February 28, 2019

A source............

I have talked many times about hand basting my quilts but it has always been difficult to find a source for the needles and thread that I recommend. My friend Beth who is the owner of the "I Have a Notion" online store is now carrying both of these supplies (plus many other great items).  Click here to go to her website. Click on Store under the header.  The thread is under "other threads" and is the smaller size spool which is enough to baste several quilts.  The needles are under Notions and then Hand Stitching.  There are 25 needles in a package.

Click here for a previous blog post where I talk in detail about my basting.


This is the second blooming of my white cactus.









I am so happy to have 3 cacti blooming at the same time.  It has been the longest time without blooms that I have ever had with my cacti.  Usually it is more continuous from October through April where this year there was a 2 month break.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good thing you give a source. I ended up buying mine at a booth at Houston. Next time, I know where to go. I found the needle worked great for the colorwash and also the quilt from the card that needs quilting yet. Sometimes finding the right tool for the job is the toughest part.

jenngate2002@yahoo.com said...

What quilt is in the background? It looks very interesting!

JJM said...

Thanks for the link to the notion store. She's offering a great selection. Love the name of her shop.

Always a treat to see your cactus blossoms .

JJM

Vivian Helena said...

enjoy seeing your Christmas Cactus. Mine dropped it's flowers long time ago, but might be because we burn wood in the fireplace.And the temps in the house fluctuate. Thanks for the basting tip!