Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Progress on projects...........

I have 27 pineapple log cabin blocks in progress, 4 different stages here.  I will have enough dark ones to sew the dark blocks into a quilt (35 blocks).  I have 12 light blocks started.



I put the rest of the Kaffe 6" bow tie blocks up on the design wall and it is filled so it is time to move them to a double wall.  This wall has poor lighting so these blocks will look a lot better in a different spot.  I will make one more batch of blocks and then try some different layouts.


I bought this cactus last winter and all of the buds promptly fell off and it hadn't bloomed since then.  I was really happy to see buds on it now.





This is my old faithful light pink cactus with its second set of buds this winter.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your pineapple blocks are just flying along and love the drunkards path - I have the die for that one and need to look at it more so many versions to do with that die

patty a. said...

The pineapple blocks are looking great! That is a lot of starting and stopping to make those blocks. I can imagine you might be chain stitching them? The cactus blooming is nice to see since your winter amaryllis garden died out. I was at the grocery store yesterday and they had 6" pots of daffodils marked down to $5.00, but the flowers were on their last leg. I am sure they will end up in the trash by this weekend. Maybe I should go dumpster diving for the bulbs? LOL!!!

JJM said...

I am imagining you are designing with your bow tie blocks today and finishing up your pineapple's. Nice to see you have more cactus blossoms. I only got ONE blossom this year and it was last fall.

JJM

P.S. ANOTHER DAY OF SNOW ! !
bah ~ hum bug

JJM

JJM said...

Oops.... I guess it's the new year, so no blossoms yet.

Bag End Gardener said...

Your pineapple blocks are fabulous. I have always resisted the idea of a cutting machine but I'm starting to reconsider . . .

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Those Kaffe bowties look delightful! And I am always amazed at your Christmas cactus blooms. I think I got one pitiful little flower this year. but then again, I'm sure it's that I don't give mine the attention you give yours.