Monday, February 4, 2019

First finish for February 2019............

I loaded the flannel baby quilt after lunch and quilted it later in the afternoon yesterday.
The batting was pieced so I wanted a little closer quilting and did a small meander.  I have Hobbs 80/20 batting in this one.





It is 37" square, just perfect for a floor quilt for baby to play on.












The front is mostly yarn dyed woven flannel plaids and stripes with print flannel center squares.  The back is a print flannel.  I did the binding all by machine so it is really sturdy.






There is just one more bud to open on the white double Amaryllis plants.  

58 years ago today I went to the hospital and had my first baby.  The weather is just about the same today as it was on that day.

11 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Happy 58th. Birthday to your eldest child today, Wanda. In 2 days our youngest of 4 will be 58 as well. It's good to see most of all our snow gone, but starting tomorrow, we could see more snow coming in.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Wishing you both a Happy Birth-Day - My daughter (I have only 1 child) turned 55 last month - where did the time go!
Your Amaryllis has done you proud with all those buds and flowers blooming for weeks - what a bargain :) Oh - and a nice finish on your latest quilt.

Char said...

Happy Birthday to your eldest!
I like this quilt and the quilting. Of course it’s almost the only quilting I do, so afraid to step out of my comfort zone.

Needled Mom said...

Happy BIRTH day! I love the double amaryllis. It was gorgeous this year. Congratulations on your lovely finish.

JJM said...

Nice progression photos of baby floor quilt. Warm toasty colors for baby to roll around on. Happy Birthday to Scott. Hard to believe our kids are in their 50's now.

We got your arctic weather now....with SNOW .... Really unusual for us to get weather from the east, brings us back to the reality of what winter weather is.

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

Some baby's going to have fun on a warm, cuddly quilt! Congratulations to your first-born Wanda and your beautiful white Amaryllis is echoing your weather outdoors it seems.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your cozy quilt finish.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I will miss your blooms, too! And I agree about time flying . . .

Teodo said...

Bellissimo.

Happy birthday!!!

Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Love the quilt! When you buy fabric, how much do you usually buy?

patty a. said...

A finish for February already - good for you!