Friday, February 22, 2019

Pineapple progress...........

This was my view from my sewing machine last night.  I put the 12 new dark blocks up on the design wall.  I still haven't removed the light blocks as a border since I haven't made any decision of layout yet.  I wasn't sold on the light blocks as border before but now that it is 4 dark blocks wide in the center I do like it better.
I had 2 light blocks started before and now I have 10 more started so there will be 12 blocks to put up on the wall tonight if all goes well today.  If I make 2 separate quilt tops, one dark blocks and one light blocks, I will need 35 blocks of each.  If I use the light blocks as a border I will only need to make 1 more dark block and 3 light blocks after I finish the group I am working on.

9 comments:

Hedy said...

You are a whirlwind of activity sewing these blocks. I’m thinking of making these with the help of the GO. I’ve seen so many variations I’m not sure which I would make with regards to color. Yours are really striking.

Sylvia Anderson said...

It's beautiful Wanda, and I'm liking this layout too.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Nothing better than a scrappy quilt. Isn't it fun to see how the fabrics play against each other.

patty a. said...

It is looking so good. I guess whether you make another top with the light in the middle and dark borders would depend on how much fun you are having making these blocks or how many extra pieces you cut.

Corrine said...

So many decisions and options! I think any will be good so do what your heart says!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The light border does look good- so I don't envy the decision you have to make on the quilt(s)!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Tough decision! Even though it means more blocks, I think I would go for one light and one dark.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do love this with the light border, I think it would be fun to have two quilts!

JJM said...

I will save my final cudos when you finish designing with these awesome pineapple blocks.

JJM