While I was waiting for clothes in the dryer I took down all of the fabric on the top shelf and reorganized it. I found a few more pieces in other places that belong on that shelf too. It is a miscellaneous group. The 2 lower shelves are mostly Philip Jacobs fabrics. I started organizing it by color a few months ago and never finished.
We finally got some rain yesterday. I checked it around 9 a.m. and there was 1.75" in the rain gauge. It rained a little more after that so I'll check the gauge again this morning. It stayed in the 60s most of the day so it was a perfect day to bake ginger cookies.
Last night I got started on the Kaffe zipper quilt. I have the brown strip sewn on 7 of the 15 pieces so far.



7 comments:
What beautiful weather! Ginger cookies are my favorite cookie….well along side shortbread cookies, lol. Sorting and straightening fabric takes a lot of time, doesn’t it? Although it is nice to visit all the lovely fabrics again 😄.
You finally got some rain! Bet the cookies smelled wonderful as they baked.
Lovely group of fabrics to sort through, Wanda;))) I always "find" things I'd forgotten I had when I sort...
75 here with 73 DP --humid still--and the wind is blowing smokiness (from somewhere) as it smells acrid out there!!:(((
I will be sewing the last TAW block today...hoping to start putting this JR quilt to the finish today...
Hugs, Julierose
What a DELICIOUS post - all that gorgeous fabric on your shelves, ginger cookies (like Cherie, shortbread and ginger/molasses cookies are at the top of my list), and that incredible tree fungi in the final photo. AND you had rain!
I love ginger cookies and made them for Xmas for a change.
I agree, the ginger cookies look delicious. We've had over 3" of rain since Monday and more is expected later today. 2.5" fell between Mon and Wed.
Pat
Reorganizing fabrics, baking Ginger cookies and working on your new Zipper Quilt… makes for a fun post today Wanda.
Post a Comment