Two favorites were finished in July. The "Other 16 Patch" was made with Marcia Derse fabrics, front, back, and binding. On this one I staggered the blocks by using half blocks at top and bottom in every other column. I think I like it better than the first few I made with the blocks in rows both horizontally and vertically. This one is 61" x 79.5".
The floral stars was in a time out for a year and half and then I made final decisions to get the top sewn together. A large percentage of the prints are from the 1990s and I have a huge collection of them in my stash. This is the third quilt this year from that bin. I even had a backing fabric from the same time period. This quilt measures 66" x 78". Both of these quilts were longarm quilted by Robin Diaz.
The Snail's Trail quilt top was fun to make. It is an easy block, in this case cut with a GO die. The blocks are 12" for a top that finished at 60" x 84". I have a backing chosen so it will be next in line to be quilted.
On the right is my Trip Around the World top made with William Morris prints. It is 63" x 77". I have the backing chosen for this one too so it may get finished in August.
I was playing around a bit with my knitting. I used lots of ends of balls of yarn for the 3 coaster size pieces. I decided to use a straight knitting pattern for the pink one instead of the diagonal knit that I usually do. That makes 30 regular size dishcloths for the year so far.



7 comments:
I am still determined to make one of the "other sixteen patch" quilts and I'll definitely use the staggered version like yours. So much more interesting. And those small coaster size pieces are fun!
Lovely finishes, Wanda--nice to get the "older" ones done;)))
And I think those small knitted coasters are so cute.
73 and humid here--hoping the sun comes out and dries up our lingering humidity soon...
Hugs, Julierose
Four beauties, Wanda. As I write it's pouring. Hope you'll get some rain today, too. [Since neither of us is going to Lollapalooza....]
I always admire and enjoy your monthly ‘recap’. You continue to produce more than any one I know with your working ethic at 85 ! So proud of you.
4 beautiful quilts from your imagination and fabric stash to reality, so applause, applause! And even your dishcloths are exuberantly colorful!! How delightful!
Hugs!
I like the half drop on the other 16-patch quilt….it really adds to the interest and makes it not so “block-y”. It was a good months for you!
Another great month of finishes Wanda!
Post a Comment