Sunday, July 26, 2026

Second finish for July 2026..................


I'm so happy to have this quilt finished because I love it.  I have always loved floral fabrics and this group, mostly from the 1990s and early 2000s are favorites.

The blocks were finished a year and a half ago so cutting the border pieces was my most recent sewing on it.  It is 66" x 78".


I didn't know if I had anything in my stash from that era for the back but found this green leafy print that goes so well with it.  I love my stash!  This quilt has Hobbs 80/20 batting in it and it was longarm quilted by Robin Diaz.


There are a few one way prints in the centers of the stars so I have them all going the same direction.









The binding is the same fabric as the back of the quilt.  Since most of the prints have green in them, I thought it would be the best choice.








Yesterday afternoon I looked through my backing fabrics for something that will work for the Snail's Trail quilt.  This print is spider mums but doesn't jump out as flowers.



This one is a Brandon Mably design and I have 6 yards of it.









You might have to click on the photo and enlarge this one to see there are tools in the print.  

Any thoughts on the backing?

 

8 comments:

ScrappyKathy said...

The tools are my favorite backing. I love your star blocks! I'm using my florals to make 10" hexies. I thought it would look like a giant flower garden.

Cherie Moore said...

I like the spider mums but with the white background it seems too light compared to the front so the tools are my pick. I can see why your floral stars is a favorite…so many lovely floral fabrics! Who wouldn’t love your stash, lol!

Anonymous said...

tools or mums....dots not so much

Mary said...

I loved the star quilt the moment I saw it on Instagram prior to this post going live. The dots don't grab me, but I really like the tools.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love Brandon's dots, but I would need to see the quilt top and backing spread out together before going with that bold choice. The tools absolutely work but the mums seem a bit tame given the dynamic blocks in the top. Your floral star quilt is absolutely wonderful and I'm guessing it inspire you to dig into those boxes of floral parts you mentioned the other day.

Barb said...

I love the lightness of the spider mums. That would be my first choice and tools as second.

Anonymous said...

I'm on Team Tools, which interests me because if I was just picking fabrics I like without thinking of the whole quilt that would be my last choice.

Ceci

Sally Langston Warren said...

I like all three for backing. Which fabric will be harder for you to use somewhere else?? That’s how I would make the decision! I bet your stash is to die for!! Love the floral stars….inspiring me to start one, Smile.