Friday, July 31, 2026

A little cutting....................


I had to turn on the iron yesterday to press the Aboriginal Dot fabric.  All 15 strips are cut now so I can start sewing on this project.  While the iron was on, the 13 little 9 patches got pressed too.



The Zinfin Doll Hydrangea blooms are just starting to turn pink.  I hope we get the rain they are predicting for this afternoon through tomorrow.  Otherwise I will have to start watering this bush.



There is one tiny Tiger Lily in the front flower bed.  I'll have to dig it out because it is right next to the sidewalk and keeps falling in that direction.

I have one more day (today) to get the borders cut and sewn on the William Morris TAW if I want it included in my July recap.  It will probably just take me an hour; I just need to do it.

10 comments:

Mary said...

I have always loved hydrangeas but never tried to grow them. They fascinate me with the way they change colors based on their age or the plant food they receive.

Cherie Moore said...

I’ve noticed on our walks that the hydrangeas are starting to turn around here too. I spent some quality time with the iron yesterday and, boy, did it heat me up. Nothing a big glass of ice water couldn’t cure but whew!

Julierose said...

Your hydrangea is so pretty--love those pink-ey places on it...
73 here but rather humid still...hoping it will dry out so we can sit
on our deck...hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

Sounds like you are now ready to start sewing the strips for the zipper quilt. The flowers are so pretty! I noticed around here how some of the hydrangeas are starting to turn pink. The mass of black-eyed Susans is gorgeous!

Nann said...

The lily among the Black-Eyed Susans looks like a Kaffe/Brandon print. (And I just recalled that "Susan" means "lily.")

JJM said...

Your hydrangea is lovely would you believe mine is still working on budding out. No blossoms yet but it is loaded and here it is August tomorrow. Really a ‘late bloomer’~ still extremely hot and smokey in the mountains. I’ve gotten ‘cabin fever’ not being able to get out and walk…and very boring to be on my treadmill.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Isn't that SO true - I just need to do it. Happens here, too.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been blogging for awhile but fun to check in and see that you are still sewing and blogging. Your flowers are gorgeous. We got some rain overnight so won't have to water today.

Jean said...

I left the comment above not realizing I wasn't logged in.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that hydrangea but have never seen that one around here. I wonder if it does better in your zone than it would here