Yesterday was mostly household tasks but I did manage to get 5 more of the 3" nine patches sewn. I have 13 to press when I turn on the iron today.
I went out the check the garden and found a few more flowers on the Weigela bush.
Just past that bush, this sunflower in the cucumber pot is in full bloom. I don't know if it came from a seed planted a couple years ago or if a squirrel planted it. However it got there, I am enjoying it.
I didn't have a clear shot but there is a cucumber in there. This plant produces 6-8" cucumbers. I picked 2 others and gave them to the neighbor girls.
Rain is predicted Friday and Saturday but each day they keep dropping the amount of rain expected. I have to decide whether to water again or wait and see if we do get any rain. It has been 25 days since we had rain other than a light shower. I have 2 days to get another top finished by the end of the month. Maybe I can get it done today.




6 comments:
So many shades of green in the garden at this time of year! Are your cukes the kind meant to be harvested small or do you let them get larger?
I really like those little 9-patch blocks, Wanda--the light floral backgrounds are so pretty against the darker fabrics...
Still spritzing rain here this morning...DH has left for his cardio appt.
and i am having morning coffee...easing into the day here...
Hugs, Julierose
What a sweet surprise sunflower 🌻
ooh love those fabrics in your little blocks...so nice to have a quilty friend visit...
Every little block adds to the grand total ... no reason why they have to all get done on the same day. Love all the colors in your garden - greens and yellows and those wonderful pinks.
I wish I could grow cucumbers - I put them very near the tomatoes and had two tiny ones and they dropped off before they were even an inch and none of the blossoms formed any others. Bees were all over the garden paying attention to other things but not cukes and zucchini so many get too many I don't get any!
Post a Comment