The basement had cooled off with those few cool days we had so I had a pressing session yesterday morning. All 20 little 3" nine patches are pressed and trying their layouts. Edge to edge always makes an interesting design.
I also thought about adding 4 plain squares (a floral print) for 9" blocks. I'll make many more before I decide.
I knew I had a little drawer full of strips so I pulled it out and went through them. I'll cut some squares from them for variety for the project.
While the iron was hot I pressed the 15 fabrics for the Kaffe zipper quilt and cut a 10" strip off each.
I wanted to use the brown Kaffe Aboriginal Dot instead of black for the zipper teeth. I think it will work.
I didn't get the borders cut for the William Morris quilt...maybe today.
There were fierce thunderstorms east of us yesterday with strong winds and as much as 3" of rain in some places. We didn't get a drop. I had to water my tomato and cucumber plants. I planted Marigold seeds in the 3rd week of May in the pots with the tomatoes and I just have my first bloom now. Next year I will pick up small plants instead. 9 weeks to bloom is too long to wait.
The Oxeye Daisy plants are in full bloom in several places in the back gardens. It is also called False Sunflower.
It was cloudy for a large part of the afternoon so the temperature and humidity dropped a little. I decided to do my grocery run and leave today's calendar clear.







No comments:
Post a Comment