Three finishes in June, the halfway point of the year. This makes 14 finishes for the year so far so maybe I can finish just as many in the second half. On the left is "Glow" made with Marcia Derse fabric and it is 45" x 62.5". In the center the Single Irish Chain layout worked well with the Terrie Mangat fabrics. It is 53.5" x 71". I was happy to get a flannel quilt finished even though it is summertime. I love the 16 patches. It is 47" x 71".
The 1990s floral Sawtooth Star blocks waited a year and a half to finally get sewn into a top. It is 67" x 79". After 3 quilt tops with these fabrics, I still have 1-1/2 blanket size bins full.
In the evenings I finished 4 dishcloths. I think this Sugar 'n Cream yarn is being discontinued because I'm seeing less places carrying it and less variety available. I think I have enough to last my lifetime so I'm not worried.
Tomorrow I'll show an update to the workbench organization and document how far I have gotten into other areas of the basement. Since I don't have central air conditioning and my studio is at the farthest point from the window A/C units (and has west exposure with 2 windows!), I didn't do any evening sewing last night. I'm planning on having a cutting marathon for a few days but maybe I'll find something to sew earlier in the day. After this week of 90s and high humidity, next week looks like it will be in the low to mid 80s and things can get back to normal. I watered my tomatoes and cucumbers late afternoon yesterday and then put a top dressing of fresh compost delivered by a friend on Sunday.



10 comments:
What a great productive month you've had, I'm on a block marathon today😀 when I seen where you said cutting ✂️ marathon I thought 🤔I should of had one of those first🤣
Fourteen finishes so far this year sets the bar pretty high for the second half! A bin and a half of the floral fabrics left…..I wonder how many more quilts you can make from them. Ooooo, I love a good cutting marathon but it does make a mess, lol.
The sawtooth star top is so pretty! I like the way you added the rectangles of different fabrics for the border. Fourteen finishes for the year so far is impressive! I am debating if I can call the rail fence a finish or not since I didn't make the blocks, but took them apart to trim them and then resewed them back together. I need to have a cutting marathon myself. I need to cut fabric for thread beds and project bags.
It was a very good month. Those stars are just SO pretty the way you set them. We hit 100 heat index for 2026's first time yesterday and we'll be close to it again today. SO humid it feels like a sauna outside and it's still early morning. Good luck with the cutting marathon - another adventure that takes time and energy.
You’re one amazing lady to accomplish so much every day. And June was such a extra busy month for you ~ with reorganizing your basement studio and finishing up your 3 quilts and a quilt top ~ you deserve a standing ovation ❣️
one of my sisters only has window units as well and lives in certain rooms for the most part in the summer - I know how warm that can get. I love the star quilt
Lovely finishes for the month of June, Wanda--such vibrant quilts...
Sawtooth Stars is so pretty...and I love the washcloth colors...especially the green one...really neat...
Hot and humid here today--slated for even more heat tomorrow!! 87 now and feels like is 98!! Holy Moly!! Inside in AC for us...
Hugs, Julierose
As you can see Wanda, I'm behind with daily reading of posts!
Good for you with three finishes, the flannel quilt will be a real bonus in the cold months! I love star blocks/quilts and yours is a beauty, I like the way you've made the border in softer shades. Moving down your posts it's always a pleasure to see what's growing in your garden or your pots, especially as we are in Winter and some of the more colourful flowers are not around right now here.
I love your star quilt top, too. The backgrounds make the quilt, they are so lively. Congratulations on getting so much done this year. We’ve traveled extensively and my sewing is way behind.
Thank you for the note about Sugar 'n Cream. I went to Michael's to get some yarn before it is gone and they no longer had any Sugar 'n Cream! I ordered 8 skeins on Amazon. I did see on a Google search that they are discontinuing some of the colors.
deb
Post a Comment