I think this is one of my favorite flannel quilts. It wasn't planned, it just used blocks I had made previously and rectangles that were resting in a project box. I don't think I'll ever get tired of making 16 patch blocks.
I bought the leaf print flannel on sale recently and added a piece left over from another back to make it wide enough. This quilt is 47' x 71". I used Hobbs 80/20 batting and it was longarm quilted by Robin Diaz.
Yesterday I spent several hours in the basement and one of the things accomplished was cutting the backing and batting for the floral stars quilt.
I found the lid to one of my large plastic bins. I mentioned a while back that one of my goals is finding all of the lids and matching boxes and reuniting them. A lot of times I used a lid as a tray to carry cut pieces and then I never returned it to its box. I'm making headway but I still have lids to a lot of the small boxes to match up.



12 comments:
Lid matching isn’t a task I have to do, in the sewing room, just in the kitchen 😂 The floral stars top looks so lovely folded with its backing & batting. I was just thinking two pieces of layer cake could be sliced into 2 1/2” strips and sewn together to make a 16 patch block. I don’t usually purchase layer cakes but I think I have three or four because I liked the fabric enough to buy them when they were on sale. Hmmmmmm………..
Beautiful! So warm & cozy looking!
An easy way to keep track of lids is to label the lid and the box -- a small label is fine. Choose a unique name. ("Rose" for one lid/box, "Pansy" for another, and work your way through flowers. Or birds. Or trees.)
Love your 16 patch quilts. Never tire of them. 'm one of those people who had to train myself to put the lids back on.
I agree ~ I can see why this is a favorite beautiful Flannel Quilt ~ looks so rich and warm ! And soon we’ll see your floral stars all complete. I really like your backing choice.
All of your 16-patch quilts have turned out so well, Wanda;)))
I like this cozy-looking flannel one a lot;)))
82 here and sunny--the next few days are predicted to be super hot and humid...hugs, Julierose
I'm usually pretty good with keeping lids & containers together, unless it's the kitchen. I know I end up with so many more lids than containers - because the containers get tossed when they crack or otherwise unusable. But how I get so many containers without lids is!??!
Your work on the bench in the basement is so nice to have done I've come to the conclusion that in order for me to work on anything in the basement, I need to get a cart to put boxes & bins on. Setting boxes on the floor and bending over to go through them gets old fast. And carrying them upstairs where I can put them on a table gets old even faster!
I like this latest quilt. Normally in this weather I'd be thinking it's too hot to think about flannel, but for some reason this is bringing thoughts of cool fall weather to mind.
Love your newly finished flannel quilt and applaud your intent to reunite lids and bins.
The coming 4 days will be hot here. Thank God for those who invented home air-conditioning!
Hugs!
Getting backing and batting ready is time consuming and not especially fun, but so very necessary to move the tops forward. Good on you. And yes, this is a lovely flannel quilt - sometimes impromptu works out better than planning.
sometimes the ones you don't plan end up being the favorites!!
What a warm, rich quilt. You just want to snuggle right into it except for the fact that it's nearly 100 outside!
Congratulations on your third finish for the month! I assume this will go into the stash of finished quilts. It a good manly quilt!
Post a Comment