Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tops sewn, maybe needs a border...............


The main part of this quilt top is sewn but not pressed so it is a little wonky on the design wall.  I got this far at 10:30 last night.  It is about 43.5" x 54" now.  I think it might be nice with a border added so I'm not saying it is finished at this point.

I went over my lists of quilt tops and wrote down backing sizes next to some of them.  Maybe that will encourage me to get some backings pieced.  I have a few pieces of 60" wide fabric too that I can use on some of the smaller ones.

 


8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

knowing what size backings you need might help you to get them ready

Julierose said...

Those sashings really make the blocks stand out individually so well. Nice work on this one...
It was 30 degrees when I arose this morning--and THE SUN IS OUT!! ;)))
We'll see how long it will last...hugs, Julierose

Libby in TN said...

Love the stripe you chose for the sashing.

Nann said...

Oh, that is delicious!

patty a. said...

I really like the way those dark orange corner blocks pop. It has to feel good to take that pile of blocks and turn them into a top that is almost done.

JJM said...

I love it when you say, maybe more can be added to this one. I look forward to seeing what more ? This one is so fun and full of energy, your sashing really pulled all your blocks together and it has the WOW factor brewing !

JJM

Kristin said...

I love the striped sashings and orange print cornerstones. Great looking quilt!

Vicki W said...

Ooooh those stripes with the orange cornerstones!!!