Sunday, January 15, 2023

No thread breaks..............


I changed the needle but left the same neutral thread on the longarm and quilted this scrappy Friendship Star.  No thread breaks, none.  I have flannel on the back of this one and it will be a comfort quilt for someone.


Loops, big ones, small ones going both left and right, perfect for a soft quilt.  Top thread is So Fine in a light beige.






Then I made the 15th block and this will become a small quilt soon.  I'm thing about a stripe for sashing. I just need to decide which color.








Three more light neutrals were cut into triangles to match up with the remaining dark ones.  I got them all sewn last night.






I did 2 layouts to see which I would like the best.  The top one has 2 + 2 matching squares making each of the 4 blocks

The bottom one is all random squares in 2 blocks.  I have to make a decision soon so I can get the blocks made and then back to the design wall for a final layout.

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful work, Wanda. You must be busy, busy with all these quilts. Love the bright colors.

Julierose said...

Good news that you didn't have thread breaks while quilting!! :)))
That seems to be a frequent issue with quilting machine users. I am waiting on my machine quilting until my back goes back into whatever place doesn't give me pain!! I tend to bend forward a lot during the quilting process--much as i prop pillows behind me!! :000
It is cold and windy here--- only 31 degrees...and, you guessed it--gray once more...I used to think of January as having cold, but bright crisp days...not so this year..
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good finishes - glad you thread wasn't breaking on the long arm I know that can be frustrating

Libby in TN said...

For a few seconds I thought your "neutrals" were photographed in black and white! I like the secondary pattern of the top arrangement, but I'm sure you will come up with something spectacular, as you often do.

Quiltdivajulie said...

HOORAY for no thread breaks/splitting!!! Such fun to see the sharp contrast between your colors and the neutrals. Did you see Anne's post about the out-of-the-way quilt shop with a mother-lode of KF fabrics? Even more eye candy.

Barbara Anne said...

Love your happy, joyful fabric colors and designs and your prolific sewing talents!
It's always good when the thread doesn't break. :)
I, too, work on more than one project at a time and enjoy the change of color families and scrappy fun.

JJM said...

I feel your joy of stitching on your long arm without breaks. And what a fun loopy quilting pattern for it also.

And I can hardly wait to see the sashing you select for your stars ‘n triangle squares. So happy you found this box of ready made blocks and are finishing them off with a touch or two of blocks and sashing.

Then theres your neutrals, glistening like an icy winter pond, you keep me glued to checking on your daily progress with continual beautiful surprises.

JJM

Vicki W said...

So glad that the longarm is behaving! I'm going to get started on my Mom's quilt this week and I hope the machine cooperates.

Connie said...

Wanda your quilts and blocks are so pretty. You certainly are a busy girl.