Monday, January 2, 2023

2022 Yearly recap............

19 quilts were finished in 2022.  I had my yellow series (3), three 16 patch and two colorwash.  The rest was a variety.  Five of the 19 were large ones ranging from 83" - 92" on the longest side and 4 of those were tops from previous years. That makes me happy. 10 were tops made this year and will be in the quilt top collage also.  4 were quilted on my Pfaff and the other 15 were quilted on my longarm. (stats for me to look back at.)


I finished 26 quilt tops in 2022.  That's an average of one every 2 weeks.  That doesn't seem possible but at least 2 of them were older tops that just needed borders.  Some were long term projects and one was made in 2 days. Ten of them were quilted in 2022 so there are 16 more added to the "to be quilted" number.

I started the year with 35 tops that needed quilting, added lots of new ones, and ended the year with 42 waiting in line.  I have several small ones I can quilt quickly in this new year if I get the longarm working again.  All of the thread breaks in the last quilt had me walking away from the machine.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I'm not clever in the english language, I'm an old norwegian woman who learned a little in school many many years ago. But I want to tell you - I'm DEEPLY impressed of all your quilts. I follow your blog, and sometimes I wonder - how can this combination of colors and fabrics be beautiful... And every time - the result is very nice and I'm full of admiration. I wish you a very good health, and hope you are able to create for many many years. With respectful and kindest regards -I wish you a very good and happy new year! Ellen

Julierose said...

What a productive year you've had, Wanda! It really doesn't seem possible , but you did it!! such lovely finishes to be proud of...
33 degrees here and gray, gray, gray again....Hoping the little break in the clouds out my window spreads out and we get sunshine...
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I've been looking forward to this post! As always, thank you for sharing your quilting journey with us.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always love to see what you finished at the end of the year and always so impressed. The color and style in which you use them are spectacular. I love them all

Mari said...

What a productive and pretty year! The colorwash quilts just glow right out of those collages. As for ending the year with more tops to be quilted than you started with, well, that's the never-ending story, isn't it? Too many fun and pretty things to make! Happy 2023, and here's to another creative and beautiful year.

JJM said...

As the years roll by your productivity continues to excellerate to heights beyond anyone else I know younger than we are. And the beauty you bring to each quilt and top you create is like none other ! Oh how I enjoyed seeing ALL of your gorgeous array today.

Healthy happy New Years wishes to you.
JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I know it takes a lot of time to put the collages together, but WOW - they are wonderful!!! Beautiful work - gorgeous colors - just awesome.

Sally Langston Warren said...

Enjoying your review of 2022 quilts and remembering how much I learned from you during your creative process. Thank you so much for making such an effort to share with us. We are all blessed.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

An impressive collection of quilts & quilt tops! I've so enjoyed following along with you this past year, inspiring. And here's to a creative 2023!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I know it's been a while but I'm slowly catching up on your posts. I think you've done some amazing creative projects over the past year and I hope you manage to keep it up in the coming year. Wishing you a happy and creative New Year 2023 :)

Vicki W said...

Your projects look so cool in that mosaic format. 2022 was a great year for your quilting.

patty a. said...

You had a fantastic year of finishes and producing tops!

Mystic Quilter said...

Amazing collages! I'm always amazed at the number of quilts and tops you show us at the end of each year, an exciting display of color!!