Friday, January 13, 2023

More of the same...............


As much as I like these neutral batiks I'm ready to move on to some color.  Just a couple more days......  I sewed some more little blocks and I will  need to find 3 new fabrics to match up with the single stacks on the bottom left.  There wasn't enough contrast with the pairings I had chosen. 

I'm going to go with layout 3 from yesterday's post.  I will be able to just sew 4 randomly chosen blocks into a larger block and then one last layout on the design wall and get it done.  I'm so happy to empty that project box that has been sitting for several years and I know I will like the finished quilt top.

I had intended to get to the longarm but instead called my cable company and worked with a rep for about an hour to get my bill reduced.  Success.  Then I decided I needed go to W*lm*rt to get some fresh produce.  I paid $9.99 for a package of 3 Romaine hearts at my local store.  It was under $4 on this trip.  I support my local family owned grocery 90% of the time but this was one time I couldn't. 

It's funny some of the things I never noticed before, like any month that starts with the 1st on Sunday will have a Friday the 13th.   

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Our skies are ready for some color here--51 degrees and raining again--the days seem like early evening with this low light...
Always feels good to get to a finish...I sewed borders on the girls' lapquilties yesterday and now to choose backings...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I totally understand the looking at prices for the grocery store. The stores vary so much in price, I tend to get almost all of my groceries at Wal-Mart even though I like some of the other stores and pick up the occasional item that I can't get at Wal-Mart some of the things just cost too much.
When I visited my sister in Williamsburg VA for instance last September we needed to get some groceries and she went to one out there called Publix we do not have it here and along with other things we were going to get a bag of frozen corn - their price was close to $4 for one bag - I have that price memorized here at home as corn is one of the few vegetables my husband will eat and it is around $1 a bag here - I told her that and she had no idea she was paying so much more

patty a. said...

I can understand why you need to work with some color. I can imagine it is as overcast there as it is here. Hopefully your cacti and Amaryllis are still in bloom so you get to see their color!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wanda, I shall comment here on your past few blogs which I have only just gotten around to reading if that's ok. You mention pricing of local store/supermarket, that's a heck of a difference! Your great grandchildren would love you for the baking and on the triangle squares on the 12th the second layout gets my vote. First quilt finish is gorgeous, 9 patch is one of my favourite designs.