Sunday, April 7, 2019

Cutting started but no new blocks............

Here are 5 fabric combinations I cut yesterday for new Snail's Trail blocks.  I changed some of the pairs of fabrics that I showed on yesterday's post and added a few green fabrics.  I didn't get any sewing done because I did some cleanup in the front garden since it was a warm day yesterday.  I also visited my neighbor who is home after a winter away.  She and I are the last 2 old timers in the neighborhood, both living in our houses 46 1/2 years.  They moved in about a month after we did.



I'm ready to start designing my next colorwash piece.  I think it will be a mix of fabrics, Kaffes, batiks, and regular printed quilting cottons.

Today is the last day to sign up for my online Colorwash 360 class. Registration ends at 10 p.m. EST.  The 40 day live session starts Monday April 8.  For more about the class, go to last Saturday's post.  Registration is going well and we still have some kits available for the students to purchase however it is a very limited quantity.  I'm so happy to teach these students all about color.  Some people in the class are using their own collection of fabrics and some are using kits.  

2 comments:

JJM said...

So far they look like great combinations.... I knew you had to be doing extra work when I check into the dashboard last night. (^._,^) I think it's going to take me all of spring to get my yard and gardens back to normal again. Our winter came in February and hung around way to
long. We still have little patches of old snow to melt away.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Kaffees? Batiks? I can hardly wait!