Wednesday, April 17, 2019

All of the pieces on the wall...........

I took this photo from a different distance from the design wall and the colors are truer than the photos from the last few days.  I have all of the spots filled in now with some new fabrics that I cut.  I also replaced some of the triangles that I didn't like.  Now I have to make the decision whether I will take off one vertical row so that it is a better rectangular shape.  It will still get one row of squares added all around the perimeter.  Blocks are 6" because that is the size of the GO! die I am using.  After I get the triangles sewn on I will decide if any blocks need to be moved around.

(Inspired by Cascade pattern by SpringLeaf Studios)


I took my camera outside to document the beginnings of spring growth.  This is a Columbine. The leaves start out in a tight swirl and then spread out.




I have 3 clumps of Brunnera in one flower bed and another clump in a different area  The blue flowers are tiny and are just starting to open.




The Lungwort/Pulmonaria has its pink and blue flowers.  I have lots of this all over the back garden.  I love the speckled leaves.





The dark leafed Coral Bell is getting bigger every day.









The Periwinkle Vinca has completely taken over the front flower bed.  I really need to work on this but it seems a little overwhelming.

10 comments:

patty a. said...

The quilt top is looking good! Your pictures of your plants reminds me I need to go out and look at my cora bell bed I made last year and see how the plants are doing. They ought to be happier since they are in dirt now instead of clay! I need to get my new leaf blower out that I bought last fall and blow out the leaves and sticks before the cora bell get to growing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is nice to finally have spring isn't it and there you had snow a couple days ago! but at least when you get snow at this time of year you know it will melt fast! lovely quilt in reds

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Wanda! Personally, I prefer a quilt with approximately 10" of difference between width and height. When the difference is closer to 20", I tend to be less pleased with the resulting quilt. Lucky for us... we get to choose for ourselves! Best of luck with your decision. Either way will work and produce a gorgeous quilt!

Hedy said...

Love this top, it’s just you! My plants are coming up too. Spring Is here.

Needled Mom said...

The color arrangement looks so nice, Wanda.

It definitely looks like spring growth is happening there. That’s an ugly name for that pretty “lungwort” plant!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I like the look of the top now. I think the proportions look fine. The colors are just wonderful. I do have some stuff sprouting up also, have to get out and photo it.

JJM said...

I had to go back and look at yesterday's photo and there is a lovely difference in color tone. It really is a beauty.
Mother Nature sure has mixed it up this spring. But our early plants still come through for us.

JJM

Old Mare said...

Pulmonaria is one of my favorites!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love your red Cascade. It's making me want to start another one myself.

Patchways said...

Beautiful quilt, as always! Do you have a massive set of all your "orphan" blocks? How do you organize and then utilize them?