Monday, April 8, 2019

18 and counting.......

18 blocks are sewn, 7 more have been cut (duplicate blocks).  I'm not crazy about that light green in there so I either need to add more light green or possibly remove them.  I have 2 or 3 more pairs of fabrics chosen still waiting to cut.






You can stop Snail's Trail at any round you want.  The 4 blocks at the bottom left are missing the last 4 triangles but you can see the design is pretty much the same as the large blocks.

The one block at top right is folded back because I had the windows open and there was a breeze blowing in.  It is so nice to have some pleasant temperatures for a couple days.
Here is the only lonely bloom on my large red plant.  I thought it was the last bloom of the season but then I noticed...........






this white one has one bloom and 2 fat buds.  Since the plant sits in a white crock, I didn't notice the white buds the last few days.  This is the kind of surprises I like!

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The light green among the browns reminds me of my lawn- mostly browns, but hopefully soon, yellow green sprouts will change the whole look of it. The white flower looks like a ballerina in mid jump.M y magenta and red ones are blooming as well as an old, old orchid. It has been great to be warmer and open up the windows. Today it is solid rain.

patty a. said...

The light green doesn't look like it stands out that much, but I know it must be brighter in person than in the picture. Let me know if you need more brown. I have some brown batiks that I have not used in a very long time. In fact I don't remember what I ever used them in. Would a fat quarter be enough or do you need more than that for two blocks?

Hedy said...

The quilt is pretty even though the green does stand out. Your white flower is so delicate looking, I just love it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for open windows and fresh spring air. We're at the point now where the windows are closed again to keep out the green/yellow pollen. But it was grand while it lasted! Beautiful white blooms - especially since they were a surprise.

Needled Mom said...

The Snail's Trail blocks are Really nice. The greens do seem to steal the show, but may work better with more blocks. The white cactus is one of my favorites.

JJM said...

HMmmm ~ I agree with you on the light green. Fun to see your cacti blossoms, my one and only blossom is still a nice bud, but growing bigger each day. (^._.^)

JJM