Monday, October 29, 2018

Two baby quilts..............

I decided on a medium size meander for the quilting on this strippy baby quilt.  I used SoFine thread so it barely shows.














I love the cheery Brandon Mably print on the back. 

It finished at 39" x 51.25".
















I didn't like the backing fabric for the binding so I looked for another print and found this diagonal plaid also by Brandon Mably.










While I still had the roll of batting out I cut a piece for this Laurel Burch fabric baby quilt.  I did organic straight line quilting on it.





I got it trimmed and bound too  It is 53.25" x 54".












I had three pieces of Laurel Burch flannel but not enough of any one of them so I used all three and pieced the back.

Both of these will go through the washer and dryer so they are ready to gift whenever some babies are born.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

Good job getting two baby quilts done! They both turned out very pretty. You have done pretty good this month on your finishes. I am still plugging away on the project I can post yet. It takes me a weekend to take apart and resew a row of five blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The strippy quilt is just beautiful. I like the narrow strips and all the slices of blending colors and patterns.

Hedy said...

I just love both of these. I have several chunks of Laurel Burch fabrics and I like the way you put these together. Very colorful.

JJM said...

Fun Monday post today Wanda... Finishes feel so good, but you are use to that. Have you documented through all your years how many quilts you have made ? I'm guessing hundreds if not a thousand. (*._.*). Really !

These baby quilts are treasures and the lucky babies will love them forever !

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Both are sure to gladden the heart of any mother. What fun quilts they both are!

Needled Mom said...

What great baby gifts those will make. They are a nice size too.