Friday, October 5, 2018

Alternate block 12..........

I made one more block with more orange in it as an alternate to complete my Marcia Derse fabric star quilt top.










I rearranged blocks for over two hours before I was finally satisfied with a layout.  I didn't want two blocks next to each other that had a majority of the same fabric in them.  Because there were dark and light edges that complicated where I could move the blocks.  Two of the blocks have medium color edges so I could use them in either the dark or the light position.  This is the final layout and I have sewn them together but need to press the top before I can take the photo of it.

13 comments:

Dorothy said...

Wonderful !!

Libby in TN said...

I am always amazed and fascinated by the difference color and value placement can make in the look of the same block.

Linda Swanekamp said...

All your arranging came out terrific.

Marnie Haines said...

This top is absolutely wonderful, Thank you, Wanda, for taking us step by step through the making of it.
Marnie

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a lesson in process - color, value, placement, and more. Wow.

Millie said...

Only you, Wanda, can take fabric from a designer’s line and not make it look like it came from one place. Then again these fabrics are not typical of a designers line of fabrics. I just love this quilt and it reminds me of the one of yours that I own.

Needled Mom said...

I can see where the values are so important in this quilt. Lovely!

Corrine said...

Looks great! I love it.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Another beautiful quilt, but I'd venture to say that the camera will not do it justice inside. You have such a gift with your ability to arrange blocks according to color and value. Looks as though we will have rainy weather for a few days but we definitely need it.

JJM said...

Talk about "A Star is Born"... This is Autumn Splender !

JJM

Barbara said...

This looks fabulous. It was fun watching you build it.

WhiteEagle said...

Perfection! Great quilt.

Charlotta said...

I love the block and fabrics and have enjoyed every block you’ve made. Just haven’t gotten around to saying anything until now. It’s a great quilt!