Thursday, September 6, 2018

Nature...............

I only did cutting yesterday so no project progress to show.  My granddaughter mowed my grass for me.  It was still hot and steamy yesterday.  Now we are in for a string of some cooler days.

I planted my Canna bulb late this year so it is a little shorter than previous years.  The Elephant Ears are in pots in the background.  I need to get them planted much earlier next year.
I had a little area to fill in with dirt in the back garden and I noticed the Sedum blooming with a tall Coral Bell flower in front of it.  I have many varieties of the Coral Bells and the flowers vary from plant to plant.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

I don't have any Canna anymore. They kind of just lost their energy and never bloomed anymore so out they went. I really like sedum, but so do the deer.

Anonymous said...

Its been a great year here for elephant ears (we DID have 4 inches of rain last weekend.....) and I think I have figured out how to carry them over from one year to the next, so I'm hopeful that I will have an absolute forest of them next year.

Hooray for mowing grands!

ceci

Quiltdivajulie said...

Nature is wonderful -- you always have such interesting plants with their colors and textures. Just like your fabric stash . . .

Linda Swanekamp said...

We got a break last night in some showers and cooler temps are on the way. The flowers need it as some of them are pretty crispy around the edges.

JJM said...

I remember your hydrangea bloomed early and mine is on its way out but so full of blossoms, as I write this. My sister has several varieties and hers are in 'sync' with mine. It's probably that we live in the mountains and you live in the Midwest ? ?

JJM

Needled Mom said...

It's hard to imagine that the growing season will soon come to an end. Bet you will be thankful for some cooler days.