Friday, September 7, 2018

Cutting a lot............

You might have wondered why I haven't been sewing much lately.  The last 5 days I worked a few hours a day cutting 80 yards of my batik colorwash fabrics into squares for stash kits for the Colorwash 360 class.  I have to finish assembling and packaging the kits now.
My go-to project isn't colorful....it is another neutral batik 16 patch.  I needed to cut strips for a friend so I cut enough for a bed size quilt for me too.





This container has pieces already cut for another bunch of blocks and I have 2 piles of sewn stratas to still slice for more blocks.  It keeps the machine humming and me happy to have a no brainer project to work on.

The weather has turned really cool, in the low 60s and it feels great after that hot humid weather.  We will still have some more hot days but this is a nice break for about 5 days.

7 comments:

Julie said...

My arm hurts just thinking about all that cutting, but what a beautiful rainbow you had to work with!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Cutting that much fabric can be exhausting. Don't overdo it! Love the new quilt.

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda. You certainly have been busy creating lots of color and working on the lovely more subdued batik. I sent you an email about a change of address for my materials for the class. Sorry to bring it to your attention here, but will you please check your email for the change? Many thanks! Marnie

patty a. said...

That is a lot of cutting! You must have a system to cut that much fabric.

It is a bit cooler, but still very humid so it is still miserable here in Ohio. I can't wait until it snows!

Needled Mom said...

I love your neutral quilts. I'm sure this one will be beautiful too.

JJM said...

80 yards of batiks !!!!!!! Wanda how on earth do you do it all ? And I can see you laid out your kits in Colorwash fashion .(*._.*)

Your neutral blocks are so trendy for home decor right now. And I LOVE them. So calming and cozy.

JJM

DianeN said...

I absolutely love those neutral batik blocks. Just stunning!