Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sewn together........

Even though I liked Beth's idea (in the comments yesterday) to make the last block lime green, that would have meant pulling out at least 16 pieces of lime fabric to cut one strip off and I already had black scraps ready to cut into strips.  If time hadn't been a problem I might have done it, but I needed it done for my program tonight and didn't want to be working right up to the last minute.  I might get the top and bottom background color strips sewn on yet today, but then maybe I won't.


Do you have a Google+ account and leave me comments?  I would love to answer you but you are no reply and I can't leave you a comment without joining Google+ and I'm not going to do that.  I have an email link in my profile and another on my right side bar.............

15 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

In life, if the constraint isn't money it is TIME! You generally have plenty of one and little of the other!

Debbie said...

So, you can still make the lime green block after the program and switch it. :):)

suemac said...

Hope you have a wonderful time at your trunk show.

HollyM said...

This is very pretty! I love the background textures. Lime green would have been nice (my favourite color), but it's pretty just the way it is.

JJM said...

To add another green would make it too "matchy - matchy" and your quilts have always been so exuberant, unique and one of a kind, that. I would not go back and change it one bit. It is just stunning.

JJM

Lostinspace said...

I like the black block, you have to look at it hard to see the different colours and that makes it more fun, a metaphor for exuberant? I really wish I was going to see your Show and Tell tonight!

patty a. said...

The black block ties all the blocks together color wise. Have a great time at your trunk show!

Needled Mom said...

The black really ties it all together with all of the additional colors in the black fabrics.

Lin's Quilts said...

When I have time, I don't have money.
When I have money, I don't have time.
I can never win!

lindaroo said...

Isn't it great how the bits of color in the black prints relate to all the color blocks? And how a deadline can push the use of something that turns out to be a great choice? This is another beauty!

Nancy J said...

Superb as it is, I like the way you altered them from the previous setting. Cheers, Jean.

Terri said...

The red and the raspberry one are my favs. Nice quilt. Nobody is going to miss the lime.
Hugs

Jenny said...

The quilt top looks wonderful!! I'm looking forward to reading about your trunk show too.

kadyb said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at your show tonight. Wish I could be there!

Charlotta said...

It's beautiful!