Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pressing out creases and cutting.....

I pressed the creases out of the warm/cool color piles I showed a couple days ago.  Now I need to determine the size strip I need to cut for the 6" finished triangle die that cuts 4 at a time.  I cut some more flannel 8.5" squares for my denim/flannel/corduroy quilt project.  I still need to cut some more to finish the 4th kit.  They will be simple quilts, all squares, for guys in the family that haven't gotten a quilt yet.
I spent several hours earlier in the day in my main level studio.  I have all of the furniture moved to the winter configuration and now I'm sorting the piles on the cutting table.  This group of 4 patches that were left over from my Argyle quilt keep calling me to play with them.  I have 146 of them and will add 146 squares of Kaffe prints to them.  There is a quilt in one of the Kaffe books called Diagonal Madness that I will use for the inspiration.

10 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Fabric calling you hmmmmm..... Wanda I hope it is talking to you nicely. LOL The blocks are intriquing. Have fun with them. Chris

Mary said...

I have two grandsons who are quickly outgrowing the little boy quilts I made for them. I am interested in seeing how your quilts made out of denim squares look. I always love watching your colorful quilts progress.

Needled Mom said...

What's a gal to do but respond to a fabric calling???? You always reply so beautifully.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have been busy - I assume you have a cold draft by the windows in the winter that you take the time to reset up your studio? I am lucky in that I only have one window in here so it doesn't bother me much - I think it is more of a bother in the summer heat than in the winter.
Karen

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'll be watching this new four-patch effort. I cut too many sets for my recent flimsy and have set the unstitched sets aside. Maybe this will be a good way to use them ... have fun with your fabrics!

Lynne said...

Playing with fabric is such fun!

hetty said...

I could hear your 4-patches calling you. Have fun playing with them!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sometimes you just gotta play! I know you'll come up with another beautiful quilt out of your play. Can't wait to see.

Sheila said...

I look forward to seeing how you play with the denim/flannel/corduroy quilt projects for the guys. Lots of guys in this family, too.

Irene said...

Wanda: I love your blog. It is the very best one that I read at the moment. Have enjoyed yours for at least 2 years. Am amazed at your productivity and the creativity you demonstrate. I want to thank you for sharing all that you do with other avid quilters. Have just subscribed to your feed. Thanks, again.

Irene in WA (state)