Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Rainy day, sewing day................

This is the final layout of the Cascade quilt.  I have sewn the blocks in the first 5 columns and have started sewing the columns together.  I still have to sew the blocks in the last 5 rows which will take a few days
I did the layout of the Snail's Trail blocks so the plan is to sew the top together today so it can be in April's recap tomorrow.







I saw this new yarn and had to try it out in a dishcloth.  The pattern inside the wrapper is for a bath mitt.  It says it is 100% cotton.






The shaggy part is a little rougher than the other part but still is fairly soft because it is cotton.

8 comments:

HollyM said...

The cascade quilt is really pretty. It reminds me of waterfalls. I bet it would be pretty in blues too.

patty a. said...

Cascade is coming along nicely. This month sure seems like it flew by. I have another month with no finish but lots of WIP!

Roxanne said...

These two quilts have been so fun to see coming along. Interesting yarn too.

Hedy said...

I can’t believe it’s the last day of April!! Rainy here too so I’m cleaning house. Your quilt is beautiful.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is always exciting to see clipped together blocks become a whole quilt.

Mindy said...

That IS really interesting yarn. I can see how it works especially well for dishcloths and washcloths!!

~Mindy

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I love how your Cascade is coming along. It's so juicy!

JJM said...

Lovely Cascade, I am looking forward to seeing it all stitched and pressed together, that always makes such a great presentation. Anxious to see Snails Trail tomorrow.

OMG Wanda, I will look for that new yarn (^._.^) it looks very interesting. I can see it is shaggy and regular all in one skein.

JJM