Thursday, April 4, 2019

I had to do it............

I had to start a new project.  This is the time of year when the heat doesn't come on as often and the basement is cold so I didn't want to work down there at the design walls with my OBW blocks.
Remember when I showed this group of fabrics a week or so ago?  It was going to be a Trip Around the World but I re-purposed it for a new project.

I started cutting the blocks last night.  I made one Snail's Trail quilt a couple years ago from batiks and had a plain block in every other spot.  This time it will be all the same block.  This is one layout after making the first 6 blocks.

This is the layout shown on the GO! die package.  I was thinking about the layout above when I started cutting the blocks.  I have 2 more combinations to cut and I may look for some more fabrics that will work with these.  I have enough of the first 8 pairs of fabric to make 3 of each but I think I need at least one more combination for 30 blocks.  When I get those made I'll decide whether I'm making any more.

The last date to sign up for my online Colorwash 360 class is next Sunday, April 7.  For more about the class, go to Saturday's post.  Registration is going well and we still have some kits left for the students to purchase however it is a very limited quantity.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

These blocks look so different from the other things you have been working on. They are very graphic. I am sure the blocks will have a very bold statement when you get them all sewn.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have always thought of doing the Snails Trail and never have. I know what you mean about the house chilly at this time of year - here I don't have a basement but the house heat doesn't come on often now and at times the house feels chilly without it until the sun warms up a little

patty a. said...

I have always like the snails trail block. I made a small wall hanging with this block, but made a goof. I got one going the wrong direction. As I was sewing the blocks together I wasn't even thinking about that. I used the block anyway LOL!!! It is hard to regulate the heat this time of year for sure. One day it is warm the next day it's cold!

Hedy said...

I’m making a snails trail quilt myself from two kits bought from Craftsy. I didn’t like the green twister blocks so I bought 2 of the kits to make just the snails trail block. I’m enjoying it too. It’s cooler in our home too with weird temps outside. One day it’s 32 when we get up, the next day it’s 52.

Debbie said...

Being able to cut that with a GO cutter would be fantastic. I just finished piecing one, king size, and had to cut all those different size triangles by hand. It took forever.

JJM said...

Snails Trail, I love the graceful rhythm of them and I can see time it takes to make just one block, yet alone 30 ! But I'm anxious to see all 30 and your layout.

JJM