Monday, February 25, 2019

The other project............

If you have been reading my blog for a long time you probably know I'm working on more than one quilt at a time most of the time.  This is my other quilt, Kaffe collective fabrics in the bow tie block.






I turned every other row around for a different layout.  I'll probably try more layouts as time goes on.  I have more blocks ready to put up on the design wall now.  The blocks are 6".








I cut more pieces for the light pineapple log cabin blocks but didn't get any piecing done.  Here I have grouped all of the color coordinated blocks together and have the multicolor blocks on the top 2 rows  and at the bottom left.  Now maybe I need to make 2 light pineapple log cabin quilts, one multicolor and one color coordinated blocks.

12 comments:

patty a. said...

I like the bowtie blocks! Of the two layouts, I favor the second one, but I will be interested to see what else you come up with. The pineapple blocks are coming along.

Mary said...

The colors in these projects just make my heart sing!

Hedy said...

I really love that second bow tie block quilt setup. Very pretty.

Nann said...

I rather like the rippling bow ties in the first photo.

Marnie said...

Wanda, the bow tie quilt options seem equally good to me and I await to see your other options. For the light quilt is an option to put all of the plain in the center and border them with the multi color? What fun options you are presenting on this sparkling sunny February day!

JJM said...

I've been one of your long time followers, and I know you are always working on more than one, two and three quilts at a time. And I still don't know how you do it ! Your creative gene is in 4-wheel drive 24/7 ! ! ! As long as I've known you, and we know how long that's been.

Bow Tie ~ And another fun block to design with.

JJM

Michele said...

Very nice! Are you using the Accuquilt die to cut the patches?

Needled Mom said...

The two layout of the Bow Ties are so different looking. LOVE those pineapple blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

All the quilts are terrific. I have a bow tie that needs quilting. Not much sewing going on- winds knocked out power on Sunday and came on this afternoon. Mighty cold and dark.

Anonymous said...

Love the bright, happy colors in both of these quilts.

Mystic Quilter said...

Glorious bowtie blocks, I get such a huge lift in spirits seeing all the colour!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I don't think I've ever noticed the bowtie before. You are braver than I with the pineapple quilts. I don't think I could stick with one long enough to get that many blocks made!!!