Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A sunshine break.............

I had pressed my yellow batik scraps last week and yesterday was finally the day to make some crazy pieced blocks.  I cleaned out a scrap box last week too and there were some black and white batik pieces in it.  I decided they would look great with the yellow.
I used my 10.5" ruler to trim them.











So much better trimmed but the camera wants to blue-tone the photo.









And then I trimmed the second one.












Much better.












Sunlight through the branches.

I have a pile of yellow batiks I pulled last year about this time to make a quilt and I never decided on a pattern.  This year it is going to get done, and that will give me more scraps for more blocks.  Win-win!

I have been watching a couple of my cacti as they set buds and are getting ready to bloom.  This one surprised me though.  The bloom was on the other side of the plant facing the window.  I noticed it when I opened the blinds yesterday morning.

11 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your yellow crazy blocks bring a bit of sunshine today and reminded me of my daffodils which are now flowering. My crazy blocks from last year are still in a pile so I may get to piece them together this year. Hope you get some nice warm weather this week :)

patty a. said...

The black adds just of a bit of an accent. Will this be like the red log cabin quilt you finished recently?

BatikFanatic said...

Love the yellow, and the B&W accents really kick it up! Just the prescription for the tail end of winter, when we're so hungry for color.

Tami Von Zalez said...

I just love everything you do! You can do no wrong - your sense of color and symmetry is amazing. Now I (emphasis on I) want to do a yellow one just like you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sunlight Through the Branches? Sounds like a great make for the quilt that will emerge from these scrappy blocks!

Quilting Tangent said...

Pretty blocks.

Char said...

Love these, just in time for the inspiration I needed for my yellow scraps. I had planned to use gray so I think that will work perfectly.

JJM said...

Dazzling, Brilliant, beautiful sunny yellow blocks. Just what I needed to see today. After waking up to yet another foot and a half of new snow. That much two days in a row and more predicted.

JJM

Vivian Helena said...

Love the yellow,and black. I want to Thank you for introducing me to Beth, of " I have a Notion". Nice and helpful lady. I bought the long Darners and some thread! Now to sit down or stand up and baste as you mentioned. Thank you so much!
Should make life or basting easier! thanks. By the way do you have a someone to clean your house. You get so much done. Maybe because we are down sizing, and I getting distracted. Love watching what you are up to! Thanks!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love these crazy sunshine blocks!

Charlotta said...

Love those yellow blocks! So cheerful!