Saturday, October 13, 2018

Slicing more stratas...........

I have layered 10 stratas on my cutting mat with each one lined up with a different line of the mat.






The first cut is to straighten the beginning edge.









Then I line up the ruler to make the first slice which is 1/4 of ten 16 patches.








Ready to make the second slice for all 10 blocks.  All of this info is covered in my 16 patch tutorial which is available as a PDF in the Free Resources section of my website, https://exuberantcolor.com



I was able to get 12 blocks sewn while I watched an hour of TV last night.

5 comments:

Katy Sweigart said...

I drew lines on my studio cutter die that are perpendicular to the blades so I can lay out a bunch of strip sets and slice them that way. I love your neutral blocks!

Marnie Haines said...

Thank you, Wanda, for this clear explanation to my question the other day. I look forward to reviewing your 16 patch tutorial. Wonderful colors in these material. Marnie Haines

JJM said...

I'm impressed with your strength holding the ruler tightly down on the stratas's while cutting so many layers. I have to put a weight on the end of my ruler, so it doesn't float, when I'm cutting.

Such a lovely group of blocks to be added to your top.

JJM

Kevin the Quilter said...

Wanda, out of curiosity,.....are you a "pinner" for blocks like these? Perhaps you explain that in your tutorial, but, I was wondering if you do a lot of pinning while making your quilts?

MissPat said...

I've tried stacking strip sets that way, but I'm not able to get accurate cuts, even with a new rotary blade. It certainly would save time.
Pat