Sunday, October 21, 2018

Ready to sew...........

I spent another 3 hours refining this pure Kaffe colorwash yesterday.  I cut 5 new pieces for it and rearranged a few others.  I ended up with 3 pieces with wrong sides up in the center and darkened the top right corner. 




I decided to flip the photo 180 degrees and see if I liked it better that way.  No decision made there.  A fairly dark binding is needed on this one since there aren't very many really dark fabrics in the Kaffe collection.   If I had added some Brandon and Philip (the collective) I could have gotten the edges darker.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great tweaking. Let's hope you rub off on my tweaking today.

Hedy said...

Very pretty, I like the original the weeks best.

Hedy said...

Auto fill is a pain.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such a timely and VERY helpful post - I prefer this one with the blue in the upper left.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

It looks gorgeous!! Kaffe's fabrics are special!!

Run 'n Stitch said...

I don't think you need darker. I really like the look of this quilt Wanda. A dark binding will look very nice.

Treadleworks said...

I do too.

JJM said...

Love this Sunday post. Each one of us see color design differently. I like the blue on top... It's the sky... This really is a fun, happy piece, it just glows. And I know you will decide the best way it should be displayed.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful!! I agree with JJM - the blue at the top looks like the sky - but then again - at the bottom it could be water - nah - it's the sky - LOL - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful colorwash Wanda, just beautiful!