Thursday, September 20, 2018

Three more trial blocks..............

I took out the light center square from one of the blocks I showed yesterday and replaced it with the dark purple.  I really like this block.






I'm not so crazy about this one because three of the prints are similar in value.









I removed the purple with red circles and put in the light color.  It makes the outside of the star float like a wreath and I'm not sure I like that either.

I think I need to sew a few of my favorites and then cut some more of the Marcia Derse fabric into the shapes needed.

The Sedum is getting pretty now.  I don't have any of the dark red flowers.  Some of the Sedum plants get too tall and leggy and then collapse when the flower are in full bloom.  I'm ready to dig out one of the plants and throw it away.

9 comments:

patty a. said...

I like seeing the blocks you come up with. I agree, the first one is a winner.

Hedy said...

Yes, I really like that first block too. Your sedum flowers are pretty, I don’t think mine flowered good this year.

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda,
Thanks for showing us all of the different color combinations that you have made using the same block pattern. The changes really emphasize the impact of color. I love your garden photos, too They are such a pleasant reminder that it is in nature that we first experience our sense of color. Marnie Haines

Kathy said...

I love the first block. On the second block, I would try replacing the purple and red triangles with the lighter blue that you have in the first block. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Nann said...

I prefer the combination in the first block, too. I think "color x, color y, and light neutral" (as in the third block) is a default selection. ("I'm tired of trying to make this work so I'll go with the easy combo." That's generic, not you, Wanda!)

Roxanne said...

Some of my sedum do the same thing—it seems to be the ones in sunnier spots. I also plan to dig one out as it also overshadows some creeping phlox. Love your continuing block color play!

WhiteEagle said...

How about using the stripe from your first block in place of the purple circle fabric? Making the stripes point toward the outside.

Needled Mom said...

Ooooh….I like the first one too.

Anonymous said...

I have several sedums around my garden in very dissimilar exposures to sun, rain, etc. They all just lie out on the ground in a very disappointing way. My theory has been that they need more sun and sharper drainage. It may all have to go.....

ceci