Saturday, September 29, 2018

Block number 7

I'm not sure if the outside color of this block is charcoal gray or brown or a mixture of both.  It is a neutral and is dark so it works well in this Marcia Derse star quilt.







It looks good with the rest of the blocks so that makes it a winner.

It has gotten down near freezing a couple nights in a row and next week we are supposed to have an 80 degree day.  It's that time of year when we don't know what to expect.  Last year we had 90 degree weather about this time.


5 comments:

Sharon W. said...

I didn't "take to" this pattern when you started, but as your work progresses I am growing more intrigued by its possibilities. I have a small Marcia Derse fabric stash, but also have several multi-fabric collections...................now you have me thinking and planning and dreaming. Good job!!!!

Hedy said...

At first I wasn’t a big fan of the gray, but lying along side of the others, I see how it works perfectly. It’s very chilly here at night too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful . . . I love the depth of her fabrics and the way they relate to each other. The stars REALLY show that character off well. Not to mention your skill in placing the colors . . .

JJM said...

I had to go back and read how big your star blocks are. A 15" block is indeed a mini quilt all by itself. And you certainly have me watching for the next design each day. Plus I had never heard of Marcia Derse before, and seeing her fabric designs, has been a treat. You know her fabrics, by any chance do you know her personally ?

JJM

Kevin the Quilter said...

Your fabric choices ALWAYS add such dimension to your projects! These are looking amazing Wanda!