I joined the challenge to make a Journal Quilt every week. I don't know if I really will make one every week but I want to try. There is a button on my right sidebar under Followers that will take you to the challenge by 3 Creative Studios.
I'm starting out my challenge by using leftover blocks from other projects.
For the back I used a batik that I had never found a use for in any project, so I decided this is a good place for it. If you like the back of this little quilt better than the front, please don't tell me, LOL!
Vicki had a good idea not to name these quilts or spend a lot of time talking about them. They are basically playtime fun and a place to try out ideas.
Since I just spray basted my Crooked Cobblestone quilts 1, 2, and 3 yesterday that seemed like the perfect group of leftovers to use for this first Journal Quilt.
Terri mentioned today that she was going to use up spools of thread that are almost empty so she inspired me to find my bag full of ends.
This is one hour of ripping the first try at the stitching on the edge. I'm not sure if the second try was what I had in mind either but I kind of like the bumpy edge. I'll decide tomorrow if it needs to be changed/fixed.