Thursday, October 8, 2026


I turned the first 4 blocks to create a center like I had in my previous quilt in 2013.  I don't know for sure if I will keep this or continue with a diagonal design.







I got the last 3 light fabrics cut and sorted groups of 9 pieces for more blocks.








I pulled sets of 9 dark color pieces and matched them with 3 of the light groups.  This is the group I was sewing last night.






There are 2 different kinds of blocks to make the design continuous.





I have added the 3 new blocks on the design wall.  If I make 20 blocks it will be 72" x 90" so I would need to go to the basement and do the layout on the double design wall.





I noticed a few yellow leaves on my Redbud trees so I checked out the big maple across the street.  Our nights in the 40s last week encouraged it to start changing color.  I'm hoping we don't have any heavy frosts or freezes soon.




I moved the Begonia pots that had been on the bottom shelf to the front of the porch.  They are doing well and so is the Geranium.  The rest are slowly dying back with only a few Petunia blooms now.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely begonias and geranium blooms, Wanda--they look so pretty on your front steps...;)
Warmer this morning 61 here...
Your blocks are coming together really well...
Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

You do such a great job keeping those pieces organized. I would have them all messed up! LOL!! I noticed a few spots of red leaves in the trees in my backyard. Fall is definitely here. Your porch pots have been so beautiful. Even though they are starting to fade they are still giving some color and are pretty!

Quiltdivajulie said...

We're finally down into the upper 50s at night - the morning air smells so clean and fresh without the humidity and heat. Your plants are looking good - our annuals have gone (heat stress). No color in our trees other than annual drying and dulling (so far). The colors in your fabrics are so pretty.