Thursday, September 24, 2026

Top half sewn, bottom half designed................


After I sewed the top half together, I folded it in half so only the bottom 3 rows are showing and pinned it back up on the wall.  Then I designed the bottom half, making sure I didn't get the same fabric near itself.  There are 3 blocks alike of each combination plus some strips were duplicated.  I started sewing the bottom section together last night.


The sixth pink Bear Paw block was sewn.










I put all six of the blocks up on the design wall while part of the wall wasn't covered with the 9 patch top.  These are 14" blocks and I'm not sure where this project is headed.  Hopefully I will know by tomorrow so I can continue working on it.

 

8 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I like the background splatter print in your newest pink block. They look great all together. Your on the home stretch now with you 9 patches.

cityquilter grace said...

nice pink blocks

Nann said...

The pops of blue in the 9p quilt are interesting. Nice array of pinks. Do you envision all-pink for the setting or will you introduce a zinger?

patty a. said...

The nine patch is coming along quickly! I love a splatter print and that pink one is block six is a real gem!

JJM said...

Great progress on your 9 patch and OMG I’m loving your pink blocks they are fascinating ~ each block pulls you right in.

helenreimers said...

All these blocks look fabulous. Both the nine patches and the bear's paw. Love them.

Barbara Anne said...

Both projects are looking beautiful and I applaud your ability to go from one project to another. These days I find it somewhat of a challenge to thread the machine needle!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I've had the same problem myself recently. Have good results holding a small white piece of selvage behind the needle. Highlights the hole perfectly for these old eyes.
Colleen