The chickens will be the backing on this 16 patch quilt. It's unlikely that I would make another quilt in the future that could use this fabric. Now I have 2 ready for my longarm quilter.
I realized as I got more blocks on the design wall that there needs to be a double row of the spotted fabric all around the perimeter.
This is so much prettier than the camera wants to show you. I still need 2 more rows at the bottom and I will start filling in the 9 patches today.
Here is yesterday's pink Bear Paw block. I love the light fabric in this one. I hope I can get two blocks cut today.
Fall has arrived here. It was only in the mid 60s yesterday and will be in the 60s for the next few days. Unfortunately it will be partly cloudy all week too.




9 comments:
Oh, me too….love the light background fabric on your pink block. I’m so happy the chickens won the backing choice. Nothing like a bit of fun on the back 😃.
The brown quilt is a great example of the fabrics can play well together with some encouragement. I had to toggle back to yesterday's post to see the difference between the bear paws. Cool temps are okay as long as it doesn't rain.
Oh my goodness Wanda, you are so full of beautiful ideals! i luv the mixture of the white & print on the bottom of the block & the backing makes the bear paw pop with color!
Two more finishes coming soon! Woohoo! The bear claw block is very pretty! The background fabric is gorgeous!
Chicken backing on your 16 patch 🤗 YAY ~ I can see the rich brown glow of your 9 patch ~ and that gorgeous backing on your Bear paw… I agree ~ I too love the delicate curving of the vines with tiny blossoms on this one.
You have inspired me. My son has been wanting a bear's paw for years. Just never been in a mood to do it. Seeing all of your bear paws think l will. The more l see the more l want to do it.
Hooray for the chickens that won!!;))) what a fun fabric find...
64 here and partly sunny--peeping out now and then...64 and quite chilly earlier with the Easterly winds...
I am still having some Blogger Feed issues!!;((((--sometimes it just won't come up--so hoping I don't miss any postings...
hugs, Julierose
chicken fabric will be good for a background. I'm glad you are getting the cooler weather. I talked to my sister in NW AR early afternoon and she commented she was enjoying the 74 degree weather - we had 86 just two hours south!! I sure would have liked that - maybe tomorrow or in a couple days we will see. I didn't get to blogs until late today.
The chicken fabric is awesome and just perfect for that quilt!
Post a Comment